bunnyhero labs – news

site updates and such

site outage, dragon update

sorry the site was down for so long. i forgot to pay the hosting fee for this month, oops! anyway, your pets should be safe and sound.

i have a huge backlog of entries for the adopters list. i will be updating that later tonight. thanks for your patience!

speaking of patience, work on the dragons is going slowly. i want to make the dragons really special, and i plan to have advanced customization for them: multiple colours, changing the size of wings, different backgrounds, stuff like that. i will probably have to be a little less ambitious, though, if i want to actually want to get anything done!

however, i seem to have hit something like writer’s block. i need some more dragon inspiration. i will probably watch some dragon movies, and read some dragon books. if anyone has any recommendations, please post them here! thanks!

47 Responses to “site outage, dragon update”

1. ashley says:

MAKE IT BREATH FIRE!!!!!! thats always fun………

2. Freezair says:

Make different sizes. Like… baby dragons, then adult dragons, then old, ancient, and wise dragons. I want a wise one. With a silvery beard and large, tattered wings and eyes that glow like stars…

3. Maribeth says:

Dragons are really cool so could u get it done asap because I realllly want one!

4. Cath says:

Dragons don’t BREATHE fire, it comes from thier front paw/hands. read The Immortals quartet by Tamora Pierce, it’s got some dragon info-kind of stuff in it.

5. SHARNI says:

DRAGONS ARE NICE BUT PEOPLE MAKE THEM OUT TO BE MEAN
    AND PLEASE MAKE IT SO THAT WE CAN MAKE THE EGG HATCH AND RAISE THE DRAGON TO BE OLD AND WISE
    THANX

6. Karen says:

I AM OBSESSED WITH DRAGONS!
    for sharni: it isnt always so, thats just one type. there are many
    here are some good dragon info sites

if you want drawings or info or whatever, just email me
    ill do what i can
    in my opinion, work as hard as you want on them
    id prefer them to be good rather than fast

p.s. maybe changing wing type too? that would be really cool
    ^_^
    check the first site i posted for info on dragon fire, flight, etc.

7. Freezair says:

There’s not really any such thing as “definitive” dragon lore, because they’ve been interpreted in so many ways since even ancient times! In the Middle Ages, for example, dragons had faces like pigs, only two legs, and ears like those of a donkey! They were of the mean, princess-stealing kind. On the other hand, there were Asian dragons, which were symbols of good luck, fortune, and were generally quite good to humans, princesses included. And don’t get me STARTED on modern dragons! Every fantasy author has pretty much had a different take on the dragon… some are winged, some aren’t, some breath fire, some don’t… heck, I’ve even written several different kinds of dragons myself! In one world, they are sizes ranging from chicekn-sized to jet liner-sized, though they all feat primarily flowers and are all masters of at least one of the following: earth, water, fire, or air. In another world, dragons are one of the Families that all creatures must belong to, and each is varied.

Winnie the Pooh once said, “You never can tell with bees.” I’d like to ammend that: “You never can tell with dragons, either.”

8. Tigerfox says:

Um… maybe you can look at some dragon sites? You could also watch Dungeons and Dragons (I think some spelling errors are there…), but beware-they tend to kill the dragons (one gets pushed onto the tall pointy thing on a building)…

9. Karen says:

awwwww……
    poor dragons
    and i agree with Freezair

10. Blade says:

Dragon books? Anne McCaffrey’s dragons have always been a fave of mine. However, everyone’s idea of “dragonness” is a bit different and I think it would be really difficult to please everyone.

I know this is crassly commercial, but the best ‘baby’ dragon/dragonchild I’ve seen is Spyro on PS2!

11. Sam says:

I think some requests are over the top. Like you said, you would need to be less ambitious to get anything done. How I see it is, these simple pets are already great! They don’t need to do a lot of things because they’re just a virtual pet on our own websites. Instead, I think having 10+ simple pets for the time of creating 1 crazily amazing dragon would be more suitable for the purpose of these virtual pets.

12. Kat says:

Take your time! But I agree with the idea of starting it out as an egg! you should do all your pets like that, so it grows up, like you get a baby bunny, or a dragon egg, ect.

13. Cath says:

Please make it a four legged dragon, kinda like Spyro, I guess.

14. Vanessa says:

I have some children’s books. They are the Serendipity books. It’s been a while since I’ve looked at them. They’re in storage. Anyway, if I remember correctly, one of the books I have is called Trafalger True. Trafalger is the dragon in the book. I like how they made Trafalger look. It was good for a children’s book. Maybe you can try and look that one up and see how it looks.

15. Meg says:

OOOOhhh!!! You must watch how to draw a dragon at http://www.homestarrunner.com – click on Strongbad Emails, then scroll down to “dragon”. I want to adopt a “dagron” and name him Trogdor!!!

First youdraw an “S” then you draw a more different “S” (The S is for sucks.) :) Enjoy.

16. Dan says:

Dragon Heart, Reign of Fire, Dungeons and Dragons (crapy movie, giving D&D a bad name), Flight of Dragons, those are all movies…er…you can get a Dracnomicon which is a D&D suppliment book, ALL about dragons, like, descriptions, pictures, etc…so…yup

17. Epyon says:

hey hey hey Flame throwers like out of there nose grrr… yeah!!!

18. XxKunoichixX says:

I good book to read about Dragons would be my favorite book EVER, Eragon by Christipher Paolini. ^_^ It’s an awesome book.

19. lauren says:

aw i think u should make a lil baby one that would be so cute ! =)

20. lauren says:

how about fire coming out of its nose !

21. Chloe says:

Yeah, Reign of Fire is pretty good for that. Eh… Jane Yolen… Some others. Dragon’s Blood and all that is kind of odd. Some breath fire, some acid, some… Icey fog? Something like that. Yeah.

22. chris says:

you shoud make them have small wings a horn and have anteners or you could could use insperation from cartoons like pokemon

23. Cath says:

I think it should just be a basic dragon. You know, simply a -maybe- snake-with-legs shape, with wings and horns.

24. Melanie says:

I think it is vary kind of you to put such good effort into making us all happy! one wonderfull pet is better then 6-7 not so spactacular one dont you think? as far as what i think about dragons, well i belive that a dragon is an anchient creature of mystery and mythology as well as a real live reptile that a person can litteraly see and toch (like a comodo dragon) if it is possible, i belive that to make everyone happy with this new exiting creature that you should probebly take into consideration the magical imortalness of a dragon as well as the REAL cold blooded animal that is on our earth!
    as far as apearence goes everyones idias are great, i would prefure a 4 leged dragon that posses the power of an element like earth or fire.
    thanks, i hope you can get a great pet out of your work!

25. Mel Forthun says:

it is awsome of you to make a dragon virtual pet! it dosnt matter to me weather they hatch from eggs or not, but i think that they should have elements like earth and storm. when choosing your dragon you should be able to persanalize its features, like 5-6 different wing types and 5-6 different faces. that would rule! they should feth treats like the dog!!!!

26. Leono says:

Dude! the dragons need to have real persanality and they need to be awsome! they should be better than the rest! but you shouldnt take months of your time working on them, you should just work as hard as you think would be worth it! i think i would work really hard at this virtual pet!!!!!!!! your sooo cool!

27. sally anne says:

watch the movie reighn of fire! it is awsome. i read a book on dragons and then bought it because it was soo good, named: A Natural History Dragons and Unicorns by Paul ans Karin Johnsgard. it is awsomw with more information that=n you could imagine. its all acutate to what i belive as the western and eastern worlds dragons.

28. Sophie says:

PLZ PLZ PRETTY PLZ CUD U PLLLLLLLLLLLZ MAKE A DRAGON OPTION? I think dragons are so cool! I’m not too keen on old and wise ones but young and bold ones are sooooooooo cool! My fave dragon is Spyro…maybe you could do one that looks like Spyro? But there mite not b as meny who like it so it’s up 2 u!

29. Sophie says:

p.s. Modern Dragons rock! Espeshelly those ones on boy’s T-shirts coz they look so cool!

30. Brittney says:

hi, i hope the dragons comw come soon but i know that you must be bussy. i hope the dragons have optional colors and wing choices or even eye changes that you can personalize. if that is to complicated than its ok. thanks for readin!

31. Bryan says:

There was a dragon in the story of Beowulf. That dragon was depicted as breathing out a poisonous breath instead of fire.

Personally I’m more into Chinese dragons. They’re more serpentine than alot of the depictions I’ve seen for Western dragons. They also often have deer antlers.

32. silent says:

I think you should look at this art gallery. It’s from Dugeons and Dragons

33. Alex says:

Yeah, but no pressure, okay? lol

34. mary-anne says:

hey. are you even working on the dragons or did you give up? it has been a really really long time since you said you would begin to create them! there is no way that you could be trying to make them and have it take this long, you could atleast keep us updated on whos opinions you like and what idias fit best with what your thinking! did you even read all of these peoples msgs that they wrote?!?!?!

35. whatchamacallit says:

what be up peeps. love all!

36. victoria says:

I would like adopt dragon as see on my website love drawn seadragon any feedback would be wonful

37. josh8570 says:

i want a dragon i like dragons so much everything that i have is the shape of a dragon i have dragon wall paper dragon pics dragon screensavers and dragon backgrounds but what i most like about dragon is reading and waching tv shows about them and stuff. by the way when are you going to make them! send me a dragon in the next year and i will give you $112534.94 got it buddie now do it or you wont get my offer okay okay by……….

38. Eragon says:

i want one now give me a dragon or or …… doh! i cant think of anything well heres a joke on binary but you will only understand this if you know binary: there are 10 kinds of people on earth the ones that understand binary and the ones that dont…. HA HA!

39. Eragon says:

i want a dragon now

40. Eragon says:

and make it so that its as big as a hotel so i can ride it ok ok i want it A.S.A.P. now noiw now now now NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41. Raven says:

I have some insights on dragons. First of all you should read Dragonology. It is a complete text of Dragons, and it gives plenty of info on them. Second of all, some other writers said that flames come out of a dragon’s fire pouch! Not their nose! Steam comes from the nose, not fire! (I should know. I’ve seen it!!!!!!!!)

42. Emma says:

I dont have a suggestion but when will you have them out so like people can get them?

43. riza says:

if ur looking for some books to read for the dragon read eragon it is really goood and u will like it

44. gina says:

plz u sead thare would b dragons so plzzzzzzzzz let them come soon id like that sooo mutch so plzzzz hear my cry let ther b dragons!!!!

45. moooo says:

mmmmmmmmmmmooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

46. moooo says:

ccccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

47. moooo says: